This soup is hugs for the soul! I love chicken noodle soup!
This recipe is a tiny bit different as it has soy sauce and egg in it but stick with it, it is actually amazing!
I love making the little ribbons of egg at the end of the cooking process. You mix up the raw egg and then gently pour little bits into the hot soup to produce something that is aesthetically pleasing as well as delicious!
As it is very wet at the moment in Victoria, I love this recipe on a chilly night coupled with some good tunes and my woolly socks. I hope you find it as comforting as I do 🙂
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
4 serves___Prep Time: 10 minutes___Cooking Time: 30 minutes
2 chicken breasts
1L of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 can of creamed corn
2 egg whites
- In a large pot, add stock and the whole chicken breasts. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and finely shred with a knife. Set aside.
- In the hot stock, add the soy sauce and creamed corn. Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- During this time, cook the rice noodles as per the instructions on the package and set aside.
- While the soup and rice noodles are cooking, whisk the two egg whites in a bowl and then gently, pour into the soup mixture. Give the soup a gentle stir and then leave the egg whites to cook.
- Once you have thin white ribbons in the soup mix (2 minutes), add the chicken and serve in large bowls with the rice noodles.
Photo Credit: All Recipes