This hearty salad is so easy!
I love to make it when I am craving my greens but need a meal that will fill me up as well.
The sweet potato is high in Vitamin A, while the pumpkin seeds are packed full of magnesium, zinc and omega-3s, so this salad is very nutritious as well as being very tasty.
HEARTY SWEET POTATO SALAD
Serves 2___Prep Time: 5 minutes___Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 large sweet potato, chopped into 1cm cubed
¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
salad mix or 2 lettuces (which ever one you like better)
½ teaspoon of ground cumin (optional)
- Toss the cubed sweet potato in a medium frypan with some olive oil. Fry until golden on at least one side and soft to touch. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cumin to the pan, stirring until fragrant (2 minutes), then set aside.
- In a clean frypan, on a medium heat, dry roast the pumpkin seeds. *The trick is to swirl them around the pan often and wait until they are “popping” before you take them off the heat. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad together, with greens, warm sweet potato and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Serve with your choice of dressing and some toast (if you are extra hungry).
- Chicken Lasagne
- Pesto Hummus