This baked chicken recipe was needed in our house because of two open bags of corn chips. They were stale and inedible but they were both half full and I couldn’t bare to waste them. So instead, I poured them into my high speed blender and made them into crumbs. As they were plain chips, I added some lemon pepper seasoning for a bit of flavour, but you could use any herb or spice. Finally, I made sure that I breaded the chicken twice. I don’t normally do this but from now on, it going to be the standard for me as it make the chicken so much more moist and tender, and the baked crust was really crunchy.
If you don’t have stale chips in your house, normal breadcrumbs will work as well. And if you are feeling really creative, you can easily make them yourself with some stale bread (I like saving the ends of the loaf for this).
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Cups of Breadcrumbs
2 Teaspoons of Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Splash of Milk
Vegetables of Choice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Crack the 2 eggs into a bowl that is big enough to fit a chicken breast.
- Add a splash of milk and mix until the milk and eggs are combined.
- Put the breadcrumbs and seasoning into a separate bowl.
- Take the chicken breast and place it in the egg mixture, then roll it into the breadcrumbs.
- Bread the chicken breast a second time and then place on a baking tray.
- Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Pour a small amount of oil over the chicken breasts and place in the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes on one side, then turn over for another 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and serve on a bed of rice and vegetables of choice.
- Sausages and Mash Potato
- Quinoa and Carrot Salad